Monday, September 6, 2010

Final Words

Hi all,
Enlace 2010 has officially finished! August 24th was a tear-filled day as we departed the beautiful Guatemalan landscape and left the many wonderful friends we have made. And it was another sad goodbye when we arrived at 50 Kent where our families met us and we had to say goodbye to our new family, the Enlace team. Our last few days in Guatemala were spent debriefing and reflecting on our month. We realized exactly how much information we had taken in, stretching brain muscles, emotion muscles, and physical muscles much further than we had expected. We have a whole new perspective on multiple things including consumerism, the projects of MCC, wealth disparity, natural disasters, and mining. Ask us about them. We've come home to share with you about things we have experienced first hand, and advocate about issues that have become very dear to us. I encourage you to listen and learn. Thank you so much for all your support, we very much appreciated your blessings of money and prayers, and we hope to pass that blessing along through sharing about Guatemala and El Salvador.
Hannah


A last reflection from Thomas:
The Guatemala/ El Salvador experience was very enriching and taught me much about what it is like to live with less. I have learned to be skeptical about what I perceive myself needing, and traveling has made me more compassionate to the less fortunate, and more empathetic about international issues. Enlace was well organized and showed me contrasts in Guatemala very effectively, as well as being a very fun experience. I hope I can have more experiences like it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the final update. I look forward to hearing you all share stories over the coming months.

    ReplyDelete